How To Collect Your Essencial Blood Collection
Please follow the instructions. Make sure you collect enough of your sample to ensure accurate results.
- Set the box on your counter top in the kitchen before you go to sleep
- Take the test at 8AM. Fasting isn’t required but make sure you are hydrated well the day prior
- Before you take the test, set everything out so it’s ready to go. Filling out the consent form also helps!
- Only open the pouch when you are ready. It must be used within 30 minutes of opening.
- Soak your non-dominant in warm water for 1-2 minutes. Dry it well. It’s important your hands are warm.
- Wipe the ring finger of your non-dominant hand with alcohol swab and let it dry.
- The best place to use the lancet is off center of your fingertip (towards your pinky finger).
USE THE LANCET
- Twist off the lancet top. Don’t worry, you won’t see a needle.
- Stand up and press the lancet firmly down on your finger.
- Wipe away the first drop of blood with gauze provided.
- Massage down your hand in a gentle manner starting from the palm all the way to the end of your finger making sure not to squeeze on the lanced area.
- If the flow stops at any time, you will need to re-lance with the spare lancet
- Allow the blood drops to build up and fall into the center of the device.
- It can take some time for the drops to form, be patient and gently massage as this happens.
- After 4-5 fully formed droplets have been collected, wipe your finger with the alcohol pad.
- Take a photo of the collection for your records before closing.
- Let the device sit for 3 minutes before closing. You can clean up and apply your band-aid during this time.
- After 3 minutes you can close the device securely. Keep it facing up.
- Attach the UPC sticker to the device.
- Date and sign the consent form and double check the information is correct.
- Take a photo of the UPC for your records.
- Place BOTH the device (now with barcode attached) AND the signed consent form in the pre-addressed return envelope.
- Mail it back!
Download our pdf version for compact version
Not The Correct Method for Your Test?
Check these another method we have
Still not sure or confuse?
Our 24/7 Customer service ready to help you