To make collecting your blood sample as quick and easy as possible, and to ensure your sample is in ideal condition for our labs to test, there are a few simple things you can do.
- Collect your sample first thing in the morning immediately after a hot shower, and before you eat.
- Drink a large glass of water 30 minutes before you collect your sample, to ensure you are well hydrated.
- Don’t squeeze your finger too hard as this can cause the blood cells to burst.
- Ensure you fill the specimen container with four solid drops of blood. See photo for correct sample collection.
- Post the sample as soon as you’ve collected it, between Monday and Thursday.
- Best to capture 1st things the element.